Kennel Name Qualifications
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS GOVERN THE GRANTING OF A REGISTERED KENNEL
• A maximum of two Registered Kennel Name owners is allowed. Both applicants must meet the criteria.
• The name may be a unique word created by the applicant.
• The name may contain a maximum of two words and a maximum of 20 total characters and spaces.
• The name may not have been used more than incidentally and rarely by other breeders in the naming of dogs
in the past 5 years. A name that is used more than incidentally by other breeders may not be registered by one individual
regardless of the number of dogs registered by this individual. This will be verified through the ABBA
• Ineligible words would include, but are not limited to, conflict either phonetically or in spelling with: the name
of another breed, ABBA titles, corporations or trade names, or words commonly used in the naming of dogs.
• A kennel name may not contain any derogatory or discriminatory words.
• Applicant(s) may not have an interest in a pet store or dog dealership
- The Kennel Name is granted for a period of 5 years. Kennel Names must be renewed every 5 years or you will lose the name. Emails are sent 2 months prior to expiration.
Each application for a Registered Kennel Name is considered on its merit. Application data will be verified through
ABBA records. The granting of a Registered Kennel Name is at the sole discretion of the REGISTRAR. The
online registry service reserves the right to reject an application or revoke a name once it has been registered.
Please address any questions regarding these requirements or this form to email@example.com